Join St. George’s Allotment Association, Melbourn &
The National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners
Why not come and join a fast growing community of people interested in growing their own fruit & vegetables. St George’s Allotment Association was started 23rd April 2009 (hence our name!) and today we hope to create awareness of just how easy it is to grow your own food. We are not just here for allotment holders but as part of the community.
In joining us you automatically become a member of the National Society of Allotment and Leisure Gardeners Ltd (NSALG) who represent allotments and allotment gardens nationwide, providing membership to allotment societies, allotment holders and general gardeners.
The aim of NSLAG is to:
- Protect, Promote and Preserve allotments for future generations by
monitoring allotment law and other relevant legislation
- Provides advice and information in respect of sites under threat
- Is part of the official consultation process of the allotment disposal procedure
- NSALG encourages a healthy lifestyle by promoting ‘Grow Your Own’.
You don’t have to have an allotment to join us.
The benefits of membership include:
- Discounted seed scheme
- Quarterly magazine
- Insurance scheme (for allotment holders only)
- Advice and guidance
So why not come and join us and taste the benefits for yourselves?